Yield: approx. 2 quarts
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 1 hour
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. ginger finely chopped
- 1 T. garlic finely chopped
- 1 T. lemon grass finely chopped
- 1 qt. vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce(optional)
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (optional)
- 10 oz. white or brown miso paste (unpasteurized, organic)
- 12 oz. Tofu diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 T. Scallions cut on a bias (angle)
- Heat olive oil until hot in 2 gallon pot.
- Sauté ginger, garlic, and lemon grass to develop flavor.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer for 20 min
- Add all other ingredients and heat, but do not boil, as this may affect the beneficial enzyme qualities.
Serve and enjoy!