Excellent source of: iron, magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorous, zinc and other minerals. Good source of vitamin B complex and fiber. Quinoa is one of the two only grains that are complete protein.
Yield: 12 (1 cup) servings
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sm. onion, diced
- 2 T Wholearth Spice blend of choice
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed under cool water for 30 seconds
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 small cucumber, diced
- 4 small tomato, diced
- 2 bu. parsley, chopped
- 1 bu. mint, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil to smoking point.
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add rinsed quinoa and sauté until lightly coated with oil.
- Add spice blend of choice.
- Add vegetable broth or water and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring quinoa up to boil, cover with tight fitting lid, turn down to simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes; remove from heat, let stand to cool for 30 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and let stand in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Plate and serve.